Looking for a sweet treat to satisfy that sweet tooth? I know I have a sweet tooth that NEVER ends. It is hard sometimes to avoid the sweets in my house even if I tried. So, I must give in, however moderation is key as in everything in life.
I try to incorporate good food in food that is not so good, and as most of you know I try to hide veggies and fruit in my kids’ food. Sometimes it works, other times, it’s a big fat NO GO! I knew I couldn’t go wrong with rice krispy treats, no one I know doesn’t like these tasty treats, do you?
I added some secret ingredients to the delectable ingredient list, but shhhhh, no one knows but us!
2 tablespoons butter
1 bag mini marshmallows + a few extra reserved for topping
8 cups rice krispy cereal
2 bananas, mashed
1/2 cup peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
1/2 cup Nutella
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons wheat germ
1 teaspoon chia seeds
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Spray a 9×13″ pan with cooking spray.
- Mash 2 bananas and set aside
- In a medium bowl combine Nutella and peanut butter, stir until combined, then add banana, vanilla, chia seeds and wheat germ.
- Brown butter in a large stock pot, being careful not to burn
- Add marshmallows and continuously stir over medium heat until melted.
- After melted, add Nutella mixture and stir until well combined.
- Add rice krispy cereal and stir until all cereal is coated with the mixture.
- Pour 1/2 the cereal mixture into 9×13″ pan, sprinkle 1/2 of the chocolate chips on top, then add the remaining cereal mixture, add the remaining chocolate chips and marshmallows that were reserved.
- Chill in refrigerator for 1-2 hours then cut and serve.
This recipe is being linked up over at Foodie Friends Friday, check em out!!