THINGS YOU NEED
Vegetable Oil or Olive Oil
Rosemary Sprigs, washed and thoroughly dried
Garlic Cloves, peeled and sliced in half lengthwise
Cleaned and thoroughly dried glass bottles in various sizes shapes and designs
Stoppers; corks, wine bottle stoppers etc.
Process takes 1 week to infuse, keep that in mind when planning for your gift or for yourself.
- In a glass bottle, place 1 Rosemary sprig and 1 half of garlic clove.
- Using a funnel add oil until almost to the top so as not to overflow.
- Add cork on top.
- Place in a safe, cool environment for 1 week. Everyday swirl the bottle around to mix up the contents. Do not tip upside down it might leak.
- After 1 week, dump oil into a bowl to remove Rosemary and garlic.
- Replace back in bottle with stopper.
- Refrigerate for longevity. Lasts 2 weeks, if you opt to keep in rosemary and garlic, 1 week.
You can change up the ingredients to your tastes. I use these two ingredients all the time so this is my favorite. This makes a nice gift for Grandparents, Parents, Bosses, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Christmas, Hostess Gift, & Housewarming. Use for making salad dressings, pan frying chicken, fish, shrimp, beef, pork, & lamb.
OTHER HERBS TO USE:
- Whole Dried Chili Peppers
- Dried Chili Pepper Flakes
- Fresh Sage Leaves (another fav!!)
- Lemon Peelings + zest
- Lime Peelings + zest
- Whole Peppercorns
When choosing herbs and combinations of them, (especially the spicy ones) make sure to start off with small quantities and add to it from there. As you can see in the original recipe I only use small quantities. Fresh herbs are very powerful and infuse the oil very well.
This recipe is beign shared over at Foodie Friends Friday
- Cranberry Rosemary Dip – EASY & QUICK (sweetheatchefs.com)
- Spaghetti with olive oil, garlic, rosemary and lemon zest (robin-ellis.net)