I have never heard of cake cookies. I came across a recipe the other day that talked about it, and I had to try it. I usually am about making my food from scratch, but something about this jumped out at me. Moist soft cookies with few ingredients, I just had to do it.
With Valentine’s Day around the corner, I thought I’d surprise the kids with a little pre V- Day treat. They loved it, I loved it and I am almost teetering on the fence as to make more! Scary right? Ok, I won’t apologize for making my life easier by using cake mix to create cookies, but I will apologize for not finding these sooner!
These cookies contain a whopping 4 ingredients 5 if you use the optional ingredient. I heart cake cookies and I’m not afraid to admit it. I am sure I will get some flack for even posting this on my blog, but it’s ok. We all need a quick and easy go to recipe, this is a perfect one! Enjoy :D
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1.5 cups white chocolate chips
- heart shaped candy (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a cookie sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- In a medium sized bowl combine, butter, cake mix and eggs. Stir until well mixed.
- Add white chocolate chips and stir until incorporated.
- Chill dough for about 2-3 hours or until firm.
- Take 1 tablespoon of dough and form a ball, roll in white chocolate chips or heart candies and place on cookie sheet. In between batches I keep dough in refrigerator to keep cold.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.